This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Learn how to start your own money making blog!
Last night I wanted a quick and easy supper and needed to use up some leftovers. I came up with the following recipe that is now a family favorite!Print
Creamy Potatoes and Pork
- Prep Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 4 Tbs. flour
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 cups milk
- 7 pounds potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups cubed cooked pork (or other meat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice potatoes, boil until tender.
- In a pot melt butter, add onions and fry until tender.
- Whisk in flour, pepper and salt until well combined.
- Pour in milk stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, potatoes and pork.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake until bubbly.
This dish freezes very well. Divide into freezer containers freeze. When ready to use thaw in the fridge then reheat at 350 F until heated through.
Kim Mills is a homeschooling mom of 6 and lives on an urban homestead in Ontario, Canada. Blogging at Homestead Acres she enjoys sharing tips to help you save money, grow and preserve your own food.