This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Learn how to start your own money making blog!
I am a chocoholic yes really I don’t think I’ve ever found a chocolate dessert that I didn’t love. I really love chocolate pudding! Making your own chocolate pudding is so much easier than you might think. If you keep a basic pantry then you likely have all the ingredients you need already. Really it only takes about 10 minutes!
A note about the milk in this recipe. You can use any milk you like whole milk, 2%, skim it all works well. I normally use powdered milk that I reconstitute first.Print
Easy Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- Prep Time: 00:05
- Cook Time: 00:04
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- 6 cups milk
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 6 tbs. butter
- In a large saucepan combine cocoa powder, cornstarch, sugar, and salt together.
- Add the milk whisking it until the mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil slowly over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once pudding is boiling hard, time for 1 minute and continue to stir.
- After 1 minute has passed remove the pot from the heat and add in the vanilla and butter. Stir until the butter is melted and well combined.
- Pour the pudding into a large serving bowl or small individual bowls. Store in the fridge until ready to eat. If you don’t want a skin to form on top of the pudding then make sure the plastic wrap is tight against the pudding.
Kim Mills is a homeschooling mom of 6 and lives on an urban homestead in Ontario, Canada. Blogging at Homestead Acres she enjoys sharing tips to help you save money, grow and preserve your own food.