This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Learn how to start your own money making blog!
This week I decided to try making marmalade for the Tigress challenge. Now as I had mentioned before, my hubby and I don’t like the peels that in most marmalade. So I knew my trusty food processor would be out to help me puree this creation. We ended up with 5 half pint jars.
The verdict? It’s delicious!
Smooth Marmalade Recipe
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 1/2 pints
- Category: Jams and Jelly
- 10 oranges (3 pounds)
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups sugar
- Peel oranges and lemon leaving some of the white on. Remove seeds if needed. Discard peals.
- Puree in a food processor. Pour into a stock pot and add sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil until it reaches the jelling point. This was about 15 minutes for me.
- Remove from heat, stir and skim.
- Ladle into jars leaving 1/4″ headroom. Process in a water canner for 15 minutes.
Kim Mills is a homeschooling mom of 6 and lives on an urban homestead in Ontario, Canada. Blogging at Homestead Acres she enjoys sharing tips to help you save money, grow and preserve your own food.