This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Learn how to start your own money making blog!
I’ll try to update this with photos tomorrow. Print
- Prep Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 00:20
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 5 pounds carrots
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups vinegar
- 1/2 cup pickling salt
- 1 tsp pickling spice per jar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes per jar
- 1 sprig of dill weed per jar
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Slice into rounds 1/4″ thick or into sticks.
- Combine salt, water, and vinegar in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add spices and carrots to jars.
- Top with pickling liquid.
- Remove air bubbles, add lids.
- Can for 10 min in a water bath canner, adjust to your altitude.
Kim Mills is a homeschooling mom of 6 and lives on an urban homestead in Ontario, Canada. Blogging at Homestead Acres she enjoys sharing tips to help you save money, grow and preserve your own food.