This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Learn how to start your own money making blog!
It’s been raining and windy here for the past few weeks. It’s perfect time for comfort food to cheer up the gloom. So I decided to surprise the little ones with baked apples for a snack!Print
Baked Apples Recipe
- Prep Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 00:40
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dessert
- 6 Cooking apples
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tsp butter
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1 cup water (or apple juice or apple cider)
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and stir well.
- Mix in raisins.
- Wash and core your apples, leaving the bottoms whole.
- Fill apples with filling mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Top with 1 tsp of butter per apple.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 350F.
For The Topping
- Pour sauce from the baking tray into a pot, bring to a boil.
- Boil gently for abt 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over top of apples.
- Serving Size: 6
Kim Mills is a homeschooling mom of 6 and lives on an urban homestead in Ontario, Canada. Blogging at Homestead Acres she enjoys sharing tips to help you save money, grow and preserve your own food.