This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Learn how to start your own money making blog!
Making your own premade mixes are healthy and convenient. They also save a lot of money from buying them ready made. I like knowing what is IN my food and how it was made. Making my own mixes helps to make meals quickly, conveniently and healthy!Print
Homemade Bisquick Mix
Easy homemade Bisquick substitute. Use this easy baking mix to make up homemade biscuits anytime or as a substitute in recipes calling for Bisquick.
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Total Time: 00:10
- Yield: 11 cups
- 8 cups flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered milk (optional)
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 1/2 cups lard (or shortening, butter)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender cut in lard until it’s well mixed.
- Place mixture into an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place.
If you prefer to leave out the powdered milk, you can substitute the water in your recipe for milk, rice milk or other alternative. Use in any bisquick recipe.
Kim Mills is a homeschooling mom of 6 and lives on an urban homestead in Ontario, Canada. Blogging at Homestead Acres she enjoys sharing tips to help you save money, grow and preserve your own food.