The Best Dinner Rolls!
This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
These are our family’s favorite dinner rolls. They are so easy to make, light and fluffy on the inside with just a slight crust on the outside. Yummy!
I make these in my bread machine, but they work up just great by hand to!
The Best Dinner Rolls
- 1 Cup of warm water
- 3 TBS sugar
- 3 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 egg
- 3 to 3 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- To Make in a bread machine Combine all ingredients in the order specified by your manual. Select the dough setting.
- Form into rolls and place on greased baking sheet 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes. Rub the tops with butter.
- To make by hand Combine warm water, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Let sit for 10 min.
- Stir in butter, salt and egg. Then stir in flour.
- Kneed for 10 minutes. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down and forum into rolls. Place on a greased baking tray 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise 30 min or until doubled.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 min.
Prep Time: 01 hrs. 00 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 20 mins.