This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Learn how to start your own money making blog!
These are our family’s favorite dinner rolls. They are so easy to make, light and fluffy on the inside with just a slight crust on the outside. Yummy!
I make these in my bread machine, but they work up just great by hand to!
The Best Dinner Rolls!
These light and fluffy dinner rolls are a family favourite. They are so quick and easy to make up by hand or in your bread machine. Perfect for holiday dinners or to enjoy anytime!
- Prep Time: 01:00
- Cook Time: 00:20
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 rolls
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- 1 Cup of warm water
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 3 tsp. yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 egg
- 3 to 3 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
To Make in a Bread Machine
- Combine all ingredients in the order specified by your manual. Select the dough setting.
- Form into rolls and place on greased baking sheet 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
To make by hand
- Combine warm water, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Let sit for 10 min.
- Stir in butter, salt and egg. Then stir in flour.
- Kneed for 10 minutes. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down and forum into rolls. Place on a greased baking tray 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise 30 min or until doubled.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 min.
- Serving Size: 24
Kim Mills is a homeschooling mom of 6 and lives on an urban homestead in Ontario, Canada. Blogging at Homestead Acres she enjoys sharing tips to help you save money, grow and preserve your own food.