This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Learn how to start your own money making blog!
Rice Pudding is a family favourite of ours. It makes a wonderful dessert or a great breakfast!Print
Rice Pudding Recipe
- Prep Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 01:00
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 7 cups milk
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Combine sugar, milk, salt, and rice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour into a large greased casserole dish. Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 325F.
- Remove from oven, stir in raisins and vanilla.
- Cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Top with the desired amount of cinnamon, cover and allow to sit until the pudding thickens.
- Serve warm or chill in the fridge overnight.
Kim Mills is a homeschooling mom of 6 and lives on an urban homestead in Ontario, Canada. Blogging at Homestead Acres she enjoys sharing tips to help you save money, grow and preserve your own food.